When the big day finally rolls around, you can be sure it will get really hectic really quick. In the commotion of everything going on throughout the day, it can be easy to let a few things slip through the cracks. There are a few things, though, that you should definitely not forget about as you prepare for your wedding!
1. Marriage License. You don’t want to go through all the pomp and circumstance just to have it all be not count legally, do you? A good idea would be to designate a friend or family member to be in charge of this important piece of paper.
2. Personal Effects. Remember to bring all of your jewelry, any family heirlooms being used, your perfume, your shoes…and your rings!
3. Decor Details. Having a memory table or specific votives on the tables? Put together a box of everything detail-wise that will be needed on your big day. Include specific instructions regarding where things go and how to set them up.
4. Vendor Tips. Make things easier on you, your coordinator (or whoever you designate for this responsibility) and your vendors by preparing envelopes with tips for each vendor ahead of time.
5. Take care of yourself. Eat. Drink water. Go to the bathroom. All are often overlooked, and all are very necessary. You will be kept extremely busy throughout the evening–between the actual ceremony, greeting guests, all the photo ops and dancing–so you will need pay attention to your needs beforehand.
Bonus Tip: Relax! Enjoy this day. Soak up everything. Smile and have fun. Don’t stress about the details and trust that those you have appointed will do their jobs. No matter what, remember what this day is about: you and your fiancé starting your life together.